We try not to play favorites, but we really love affordable housing projects, and energy is such a critical component. Energetics’ principal Elizabeth Gillmor is one of Colorado’s foremost experts in energy efficient affordable housing. She has been energy consultant on dozens of low- and mid-rise projects seeking both 4% and 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) financing through the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA). She has also been energy consultant to more than 60 multifamily and senior housing projects, both market rate and affordable, most targeting Enterprise Green Communities (EGC) compliance, Zero Energy Ready Homes (ZERH) compliance, Energy Star, National Green Building Standard (NGBS), and/or LEED certification, and has a unique perspective on the market and trends. Our boutique-firm business model allows us to pull in the right partners to best fit the project’s needs at the lowest possible cost.
Check out our Affordable Housing portfolio here.
Our Affordable Housing services include:
- Implementation of the Xcel Energy “Energy Design Assistance” program for low-rise and mid/high-rise projects
- Energy modeling and energy cost savings documentation
- Resident utility allowance calculations
- Energy code compliance documentation
- Enterprise Green Communities Charette Facilitation
- EGC Criteria drawing/submittal review and implementation
- EGC worksheets and waivers
- Zero Energy Ready Homes (ZERH) consultation and administration
- Feasibility studies to help find the best path
Our sustainability philosophy of designing homes for people creates homes that work, saving owners and residents hundreds of thousands of dollars in utility and maintenance costs every year. Contact us for a full project list and happy client references.